10 Ways to Prep Your House for Winter
It’s almost winter in central Pennsylvania, and if the Farmer’s Almanac is to be believed, we’re going to get socked this year.
According to its pages, our area will be colder than normal with snow, sleet and freezing rain. Yowza!
To prepare your home for Jack Frost, we encourage you to:
- Close high vents and open low vents
- Make sure your snow shovels are in good order
- Keep salt on hand to treat sidewalks, if needed
- Clean all gutters and downspouts
- Check the insulation levels in your attic
- Make sure furnace and water heater vents are free from obstructions outside
- Check your inventory of gloves/hats/snow boots/winter coats
- Check your emergency kit
- Check your chemical fire extinguisher, or purchase one
- Remove any debris that is resting against the house
Have any other smart advice for SECCO’s blog readers who are getting their homes ready for the big chill? Feel free to leave a comment!
# # #