Will You Use Your Tax Refund for Home Improvements?
Mar 01, 2013
It’s that time of the year again, and many homeowners are expecting to receive tax refunds.
If you’re one of those individuals, you might be considering spending the money on home improvements. Since that’s our industry, we have a few suggestions:
1. Upgrade all the toilets in your home to more efficient models. You’ll save money on your water bills.
2. Purchase a new hot water heater if yours is older than around 11 years. There may be tax rebates available if you go with certain units.
3. Switch from an oil-based furnace to a gas-based one.
4. Remodel your kitchen or bathrooms. Even if you’re planning to stay in your home only a little while longer, you’ll be increasing the perceived value of your property when it comes time to sell.
5. Have your ductwork cleaned. Believe us, it will make a huge difference in the quality of your air. Plus, if anyone in your family has allergies or asthma, it will create a noticeable heath improvement for him or her.