Selling your house? Make sure it’s ready to be seen!
Will 2013 be the year that you sell your house and move into the one of your dreams? If so, you should realize that there are plenty of details you mustn’t overlook if you’re going to get the highest bid you possibly can.
For instance, consider some of these “to do” items that could just make selling your house quite a bit easier:
- Have someone inspect the plumbing in and around your home, and make any repairs now. Along with this, replace all leaking faucets.
- Check your home for cracks in windows, doorways, walls, the roof, etc. Repair them or hire someone to repair them for you.
- Call your heating and air conditioning service provider to thoroughly clean and tune-up your equipment.
- If your hot water heater is very old (12-15+ years), consider buying a new one. The perceived value can be high, even if the investment isn’t.
- Scrub your home thoroughly and put away all your knick-knacks. They simply aren’t interesting to possible buyers, and can make selling your house more difficult because of the clutter.
- Take down all your family pictures. Potential buyers don’t want to feel like the house belongs to someone else; they need to see themselves living there.
- Have an electrician take a look at your electrical systems. Often, problems can be lurking behind your walls, such as poor wiring.
- Add a coat of fresh, neutral-colored paint to all the walls. If you have wallpaper, rip it out.
- Get your carpets professionally cleaned, or purchase new carpeting for some of your rooms.
Have any other good tips for selling your house? Feel free to share them in the comments section of this blog!