9 Quick Fixes to Destroy Airborne Household Allergens
Is the air in your house as clean as it can be?
(If you said, “Yes, of course”, we just have to ask: Are you sure?)
Fact is, there are tons of airborne household allergens just waiting to give you and those you love a case of the sneezes, sniffles, coughs or worse. But these 9 quick fixes will help you get the jump on any unwanted stuff flying around your home.
- Run a dehumidifier so your home’s humidity is always below 60%.
- Replace your air filters regularly.
- Vacuum the busiest areas of your house every day.
- Launder clothing as soon as possible. (Outside particles cling to your shirts, pants, etc., so the faster you can clean them, the better.)
- Brush and groom any outdoor pets on a daily basis.
- Ask everyone to wear socks or slippers in the house, rather than shoes that have been worn outside.
- Keep all surfaces scrubbed and debris-free.
- Run exhaust fans for long enough after showers to take the humidity out of the air.
- Get all ductwork cleaned at least once a year.
Don’t let airborne household allergens make you sick. Take care of them by being sneakier than they are… and feel free to call us at SECCO to help!