- You’re running the water in your kitchen or bathroom.
- You try to turn off the hot or cold water, and the knob won’t budge.
- You don’t panic… at first. But then…
- It still won’t turn off!
What do you do?
First of all, if the water really won’t turn off, and you don’t want to lose money as your H2O flows down the drain, it’s important to shut off the water. This can be done in one of two ways: 1) turn off the water to the sink, tub or shower (if possible); 2) turn off the water supply to your house.
Next, it’s recommended that you contact a plumber. This is because the issue could stem from a number of different concerns:
- Parts of the faucet could be rusty.
- The washers, o-rings, etc., in the faucet could be problematic.
- The faucet might need to be replaced.
- There could be another issue.
Obviously, whether you do this task yourself OR you hire a professional plumber, you won’t know the answers to your problem until you get into the nitty gritty. And that means you’ll require the proper tools for the job. (This is another reason an expert will be able to assist.)
The good news is that there is a fix for your plumbing troubles! You just have to solve them as efficiently and effectively as you can.
# # #