Accountant & HR Job Description
Accounting Assistant to handle Accounts Receivables and HR duties.
- You’ll process commercial construction billings & collections through our Jonas Software
- You’ll process residential service billings & collections through our Successware Software
- You’ll handle account reconciliations
- You’ll handle adds/modifications to our nearly 100 Co-Workers Health Insurance deductions and other benefits
- You’ll reconcile Time Cards with Technician Performance Reports
The 7 things that makes the HR/Accountant position challenging & why it might NOT be for you:
- We use two software packages – one for our residential service and one for our commercial construction billing. Commercial construction billing is typically done through AIA-type billing and there’s retainage to track. Jonas Software also handles our General Ledger and combined company financial statements, so there’s postings from the Successware Software package to the Jonas Software package. We also use excel a lot!
- Our residential service work is quoted upfront by our Technicians and paid COD while the Tech is on-site. Our Techs are fabulous at fixing things (plumbing, heating, air conditioning, electrical and remodeling) and a bit less fabulous or meticulous with the paperwork. Some of their billings are done on an iPad and comes to us digitally, some comes in paper. We do a lot of credit card processing and a fair amount of financing with 3rd parties.
- Jonas Software has fabulous online help screens. You have to be proactive to get answers when you have questions.
- Successware has fabulous online training on YouTube and fabulous response when someone calls. You need to be the type of person who isn’t afraid to pick up the phone and call support for help.
- We also have a fabulous Membership program for our residential service Customers – they pay us monthly through credit cards and bank drafts. It can get confusing to the unorganized person.
- We also get “bad” checks and you would be the person to chase those! It’s not fun and it’s not a frequent occurrence, but it’s part of the job.
- Our business is diverse and fast-paced. You’ll need a sense of urgency and curiosity to fit in. We are all about helping each person understand the “why” we do the things we do. We’ve been rewarded with years of patronage by our Customers because we have a “can do” attitude and perseverance to get things done right!
- You’ll have direct input and influence on how to make things better. You must be a problem solver, because we have them! Problem-solving is in our blood!
- There’s growth opportunity here!
Job Type: Full-time
|Job Category||Accounting, Administrative, HR|